Mushroom Wild Rice
Yield: 10 – 4 oz servings
• 7.15 oz (1½ cups) wild rice
• 18 oz water
• 2 tsp veggie bouillon
• 2 bay leaves
• 4 Tbsp SunCoco oil
• 1½ tsp dried thyme
• 1½ tsp dried rosemary
• 1½ tsp sage
• ½ tsp salt (optional)
• 8 oz onion, diced
• 16 oz baby bella mushrooms, quartered
• 0.50 oz fresh parsley + more for topping
1. Place wild rice, water, and bouillon in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, turn heat down as low as possible to simmer and cover with lid. Simmer for 15 minutes; then remove from heat and let sit for an additional 5 to 10 minutes with the lid still on the pan.
2. While rice is cooking, place SunCoco oil, thyme, rosemary, and sage in a large sauté pan over low heat. Stir spices in oil until they become fragrant and start to brown.
3. Add onions and mushrooms and turn heat up to medium-high. Sauté until mushrooms are golden brown. I like to sauté a little longer so a few mushrooms are a deeper, toastier color.
4. When rice and veggie mixture are both done, fold together in medium bowl with fresh parsley.
5. When serving, top with fresh parsley.
Note: This dish is awesome the next day and the next day and the next day! It simply absorbs flavor through time. So make ahead, enjoy as leftovers, or do both – you can’t go wrong!