Coconut Curry Chicken Soup
Yield: 6 meal-size servings
• 1 oz coconut oil
• 1 oz avocado oil
• 3 Tbsp red curry paste
• 1 tsp coriander
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp salt
• ½ tsp cumin
• ½ tsp pepper
• 1.50 lb. chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
• 7 oz red onion, thinly sliced
• 0.50 oz fresh cilantro, loosely chopped + extra for garnish
• 1 can (15 oz) bean sprouts, drained
• 16 oz water 2 tsp veggie bouillon
• 1 can (15 oz) coconut milk
• 3 Tbsp fish sauce
• 2 Tbsp honey
• 3 medium zucchinis, spiralized
• 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
1. In a stockpot, add oils, curry paste, and all seasonings (coriander to pepper), place over low heat and stir with wooden spoon to combine until all ingredients are well incorporated. Let simmer until fragrant, approximately 3 minutes, then add chicken.
2. Turn heat up to medium-high and sauté chicken until just done. AS SOON AS CHICKEN IS READY, immediately turn heat off and remove from pot with a slotted spoon. Simply place in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Turn heat back up to medium, add red onions, cilantro, and bean sprouts and sauté in leftover seasonings until onions are translucent. Add a tablespoon of avocado oil if needed here.
4. Add water, bouillon, fish sauce, and honey. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes. Taste test and season further if needed.
5. Lastly, add spiralized zucchinis, stir with a wooden spoon, and then let soup simmer for a few more minutes until zucchini are tender.
6. Serve soup up hot and top with more fresh cilantro and thinly sliced jalapenos.