Potato Chip Chex Mix
Yield: approximately 4#
• 1 box Corn Chex
• 1 box Rice Chex
• 5 oz pecans, chopped
• 5 oz walnuts, chopped
• 7 oz slivered almonds
• 9 oz pretzels
• 6 oz Milton crackers, lightly crushed
• 12 oz butter
• ½ tsp cayenne
• 2 Tbsp salt
• 1 Tbsp fresh garlic
• 4 oz Worcestire sauce
• 1 Tbsp onion powder
• QS black pepper
Preheat oven to 250°F. Coat two half-sheet pans with cooking spray.
1. In a LARGE mixing bowl, pour in both the box of Corn Chex and the box of Rice Chex.
2. Add chopped nuts, almonds, pretzels, and lightly crushed crackers. Fold together with hands.
3. Make sauce by melting butter in a liquid measuring cup. Then, add the remaining sauce ingredients and whisk well to combine.
4. Pour sauce over Chex mixture and stir together with a spatula or with your hands (it gets messy).
5. Spread Chex Mix evenly over prepared sheet pans.
6. Bake Chex Mix for 15 minutes and then remove from the oven; sprinkle with black pepper, stir*, and bake another 15 minutes. Remove from oven after the second 15 minutes and again, sprinkle with pepper, stir, and bake another 15 minutes. Remove from oven one last time and stir well, bake another 10-15 minutes until mix is well toasted.
7. After approximately 1hr of baking, remove mix from oven and let cool completely.
8. Chow down!!
*It is important to stir every 15 minutes to ensure the Chex Mix bakes evenly on all sides.