Yield: Approximately 12 oz
• 4 oz butter
• 0.65 oz fresh garlic, minced
• ½ tsp salt + QS more
• ½ tsp pepper + QS more
• 3 Tbsp oil
• ½ cup popcorn kernels
• 2.4 oz Parmesan or Asiago Cheese,
• finely grated
1. Melt butter in a liquid measuring cup. Add garlic, ½ tsp, and ½ tsp pepper. Whisk together and set aside.
2. Place an 8 QT. pot over medium heat and allow to warm up. Then, add oil and 3 kernels of popcorn; cover with lid. When the oil is hot enough, the 3 kernels will pop signaling it is time to put in the remaining kernels.
3. Pour in remaining kernels, cover pot with lid, and shake every minute or so. Shaking helps evenly cook the popcorn, avoiding any burned kernels. When you can actually hear the popcorn stop popping, it is done.
4. Pour popcorn into a large mixing bowl. Pour butter mixture and Parmesan over popcorn and fold to combine.
5. Taste test – add more salt if necessary and pepper if wanted. It may help to let the popcorn sit for a minute or two in between adding more salt.
6. Once perfectly seasoned, refrigerate for 1hr before eating!!