Yield: 12 mouthwatering ounces
- 2.75 oz basil with stems
- 0.75 oz fresh garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 2.50 oz pine nuts
- 4 oz olive oil
- 1 oz nutritional yeast
- Squeeze of fresh lemon to taste
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
1. Place all ingredients into a Vitamix blender. Blend on low speed and slowly move to high speed. Continue to blend until thoroughly combined and a thick, pesto consistency is reached. If you like thinner pesto, add a little more olive oil.
2. Taste test and season further with salt, pepper, or a tad more fresh lemon juice.
3. Refrigerate in airtight container when not using. This pesto is great on sandwiches, as a pasta sauce, served with eggs, as a salad dressing, or use it as a marinade. Seriously, it’s so good, you can’t go wrong!
Note: You can also use a food processor in place of the blender.