(Spicy) Sweet Corn Salad
Yield: 3# or 12 – 4oz servings
• 2 oz olive oil
• 1 oz butter
• 16 oz white corn, frozen
• 16 oz yellow corn, frozen
• 1 green scoop Mayonnaise
• 8 oz feta
• 2 oz fresh lime juice
• 1 Tbsp minced garlic
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1 tsp black pepper
• ½ tsp smoked paprika
• 2.5 oz (or 2) jalapenos, finely diced
• 0.5 oz (1 cup) cilantro, chopped
• 2 oz red onion, finely chopped
• 3 oz radishes, halved & thinly sliced
• Garnish: QS green onions + cilantro
1. Warm large sauté pan over medium heat, once hot add oil and butter. Be careful not to burn oils here, you might need to turn your heat down at first. Once butter has melted, add frozen white and yellow corn.
2. Turn heat up to high after adding corn and let cook until corn starts to char – stir occasionally allowing it to char on all sides. Once cooked, remove from heat and let cool.
3. While corn is cooling, mix together mayonnaise, feta, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, pepper, and smoked paprika. Taste test and add additional spices if wanted/needed.
4. Fold in jalapenos, cilantro, red onion, radishes, and cooled corn.
5. Refrigerate salad until serving. When ready to serve, garnish with fresh green onions and cilantro.