Roasted Green Bean Salad
Yield: 8 hearty servings
• 1lb baby potatoes, diced into bite-size chunks
• 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 4 fresh garlic cloves, finely diced
• 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
• 2 Tbsp avocado oil
• 12 oz water
• 2 tsp veggie bouillon
• 1 cup uncooked rainbow quinoa
• 5 Tbsp pepita seeds
• 2 Tbsp avocado oil
• 2 oz kale, thinly sliced
• 6 scallions, thinly sliced
• 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
•2.50 oz tarragon vinegar
•2.50 oz avocado oil
•1 Tbsp country Dijon
•¼ tsp sea salt
•¼ tsp pepper
•2 Tbsp Agave
Pre-heat oven to 400F and line a half sheet pan with a silpat.
1. Place diced potatoes, green beans, garlic, rosemary, and avocado oil into a medium bowl. Stir until all veggies are well coated. Transfer mixture to prepared sheet pan, spread out evenly, and bake for approximately 40 minutes, rotating pan and stirring veggies halfway through. Bake until potatoes are tender and a fork easily pierces through them.
2. Place water and veggie bouillon in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add quinoa, turn heat to low, and let simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa is fully cooked.
3. While the veggies are baking and quinoa is cooking, toast pepitas with avocado oil in small sauté pan over medium heat. Pepitas will become slightly fragrant and golden brown when done.
4. Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing in a large mixing bowl. I like to use the bowl I am going to serve in here to eliminate dishes.
5. Add roasted veggies, cooked quinoa, toasted pepitas, kale, scallions, and sesame seeds to bowl with dressing. Fold together until combined.
6. Serve salad warm or cold. It is seriously fantastic both ways!
– Green Tabasco adds a fantastic kick to this salad.
– Add fried eggs on top with a dash of furkake and call it breakfast. Why not?!
– Sauté with chicken for an extra dose of protein.
– Top with crispy bacon for a salty touch and an extra crunch.
– Sauté with mushrooms for an added serving of veggies.
– Pair with grilled peaches in summer for some sweetness.
– Add a cup of salad to a bowl of broth and call it soup!
– Pair with pulled pork and green salsa and roll up into a burrito!! Seriously, do this one!!