Roasted Cabbage Caesar
Yield: 4 servings with leftover dressing
• 13 oz mayonnaise
• 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
• 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh if possible
• 2 oz canned anchovies, drained and finely diced
• 0.80 oz fresh garlic (≈ 6 cloves), grated with microplane
• 3 oz finely grated Parmesan
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp pepper
• 4 ½-inch red cabbage steaks
• QS olive oil
• QS salt
• QS pepper
• 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
• 1 large tomato, medium diced
• 1 avocado, medium diced
• 8 slices of bacon, cooked crisp
• 4 Tbsp capers, drained
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven 425°F. Line half sheet pan with silpat.
Make Caesar Salad dressing a few hours ahead of time or even better, the night before.
1. To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow flavors to meld. Taste test and season further if needed.
2. Cut cabbage into round “steaks”. I find one round per person is great. If your cabbage is on the smaller side, two rounds per person will suite you better. Place rounds on prepared pan.
3. Brush cabbage steaks with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes, rotating halfway through and placing fresh thyme on cabbage.
4. While cabbage is cooking, combine diced tomatoes and avocado in a small bowl. Set aside.
5. Cook bake until nice and crispy, set aside.
6. Sauté capers in a small saucepan with 2 Tbsp olive oil on medium-high heat until crispy. Set aside.
1. When cabbage is ready, place liberal amounts of Caesar dressing on plate. Then place roasted cabbage steak on top of it.
2. Top steaks with tomato and avocado mixture, crispy capers, and roasted thyme from cabbages.
3. Place slices of bacon on side with a few lemon wedges. Enjoy!