Key Lime Pie
Yield: 1 9-inch pie, 10-12 fantastic servings
Allergies will vary depending on if you make homemade graham crackers or which brand of store bought graham crackers you use.
- 9 oz graham cracker crumbs (store bought or homemade)
- 2.75 oz sugar
- 4 oz butter, melted
- 8 yolks
- 28 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Zest from 2 limes
- 8 oz lime juice (I use the fresh juice from the 2 limes I zested + then top it off with Nellie’s Key Lime Juice)
- 8 oz heavy cream, whipped w/ 2 oz powdered sugar
- QS coconut flakes
- QS lime zest
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment and coat with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Fold with spatula to combine.*
- Press mixture into prepared pan and bake for 5 minutes. Let cool completely while making filling.
- Whisk together yolks and condensed milk in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add lime juice and zest, whisk to combine.
- Pour filling over cooled crust and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until filling is just set. The cake may wobble as a whole but the center itself should not look jiggly. Do not over bake – the pie will lose its creamy texture.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Then cover pie and let cool in refrigerator overnight to finish setting.
- The next day, remove pie from pan and decorate with fresh whipped cream, coconut flakes, and lime zest.
*If making homemade graham crackers from Lick The Bowl, I suggest making them a day ahead of time. It just makes life a little easier.