Goat Cheese + Chive Biscuits
Yield: 9 biscuits
• 13 oz Biscuit Mix
• 2 oz cold butter, cubed
• 2.25 oz cold goat cheese
• 10 oz buttermilk
• 1 egg yolk
• 2 Tbsp fresh chived, finely diced
• QS melted butter for pan & brushing tops of biscuits
• QS cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400F. Place half sheet pan (cookie sheet) in oven to warm.
1. Measure Biscuit Mix into a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add cubed butter to flour and hand mix until butter is in pea size pieces. Then crumble cold goat cheese over mixture and combine just incorporated. Do not over mix.
3. Add yolk to buttermilk and whisk together.
4. Create a well in flour and pour buttermilk mixture into well. Add chopped chives and fold entire mixture with a spatula until just combined. Again, do not over mix.
5. Remove hot pan from oven and brush with melted butter.
6. Using blue scoop (about 1/3 cup), scoop biscuits on to pan. Brush the top of the biscuits with melted butter and then sprinkle with cheddar cheese. It is okay to press down slightly on biscuits to make the cheese stick.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking.
8. Let cool slightly before serving hot with gravy.
*For a meat free gravy option, try our Mushroom + Sun-dried Tomato Gravy.